Sunday, August 2, 2009

Master of My Destiny

A man's life may be a dream, and his dreams a dream within a dream. The existence may be a futile, never ending conviction. The world moves on with a promise of balance and fairness that manifest in equal opportunity for good and bad. In the short term life seems to be rigidly ruled by rules of power, uncertainty and change. The change that consumes everything and anything. Yet in the long term it is non-changing and boringly cyclical. Such is the nature of the balance it promises.

Through this evanescent life of mine I try to extract a meaning that can appeal to my short-term selfish self and the long-term divine whole. Something that gives meaning to me as I am. The futile play and display of consciousness? Whatever. If I am played with, I play in return. At least I try to. So, I move with the prayer of St. Assisi in my heart and a stubborn determination to make the best of it. To strive to be the master of my mind and my destiny.

No comments: