Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Masterplan

There was a time that I used to believe. However as life went by I just found myself looking. Looking for answers. But what were the questions? Umm... A bit philosophical but important to me.. How does this world work? What is my purpose in this world? Why is this world in existence and where are we going? 

The more I have moved through this world, the more I have started seeing and believing in the dichotomous nature of the world. Relativity blurs the lines between good-bad, right-wrong, desirable-undesirable etc. In the end I don't find any ideological reason to do anything or believe anything. I just see a flux, an unpredictable flow determined by a few simple rules of thumb. I don't know if I should call them rules of power or rules of existence and I don't know how far I will be able to define them if I try to. To say, to write : to be interpreted into half truths that may come back to haunt me. I don't know. Nobody really does, I feel. Just moving along.

I have reconciled that everybody's lifestyle and belief system, including mine, are one of convenience. We act as per our nature, as per the basic grain of our personality. It may take advanced combinatorial mathematics and hardcore psychology but it is possible to predict how people can affect each other and their environment in term of possibilities. The system may look pretty anarchic to start with as a complicated criss-cross of events. What makes these systems even more complex is the fact that whenever an event occurs it invariably has the potential of triggering other events and can drastically change probability distribution of the entire system. People do try to predict events by building a probability matrix around a reported event. However the very probability of any future event is not a simple function of one event though it is possible for a lot of events to point in one direction.

The world of probability is a world of possibility. According to this theory prophets are simply people smart and common-sensical enough to see the world matrix distribution and connect dots well. Experts are people who can do it for a particular field. Consultants and entrepreneurs are people who can apply it to daily life. At the end of day this ability can play a significant role in the rise of the person as a formidable power. Will it? Nobody knows. This is the beauty (or tragedy if you like) of complex probabilistic systems: nothing is impossible, conditions applied. 

At the corporate level this is used to some extent in form of adaptive planning. In technology Spring seems to come from a similar mind set. Wherever I see beauty, progress, power, apparent control; I can relate it with this theory which reasonably explains the working of the world to me and answers how. My purpose is constant all-round improvement, having fun, living life as I please, taking care of my family and if I have resources help fellow human beings. My inspiration is H.H. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar. My source of energy is meditation, eccentricity, love and praying. Why and where are something that I hope to find out as I master the How and What. Clear cut plan for me so far. Lets see where it leads to!

No comments: