Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Gift to See

I feel people often delude themselves about the truth of things. But how does one “see” truth, as they say? The Sufis (and many other saints/philosophers) believed that one has to prove oneself worthy of truth and the truth surfaces. They were talking about God but I feel it holds true even for our day-to-day life. The first and only condition to achieve this, I feel, is silence. Not outside but inside. I have experienced that when I meditate and get some respectable silence in the mind, things seem much clearer. Only in silence I can let go of things and see them for what they are (like Jack Welsch writes “stop kidding! things are as they are!”). A possible reason may be that only in silence the chaos comes down and one is able to see. A zen master once told his disciple that one cannot desire the truth for truth comes from desirelessness.

I may add that in the end even truth is a point of view in the world. That is if you decide to look at things...

No comments: