Sunday, August 19, 2007

Love Questions

I intrinsically feel that I am entering dangerous waters when I am trying to write about love. Why? Because for me love is such a strong feeling that it shakes you totally. What can the pen write about something that not even the best can explain and yet everybody can feel? Any expression is bound to fail. When we love somebody, we cannot even express it fully with words, gestures..and to write about it.. How do you describe an emotion so rich that permeates the creation? Forget the creation, even all other emotions... Greed is love for objects. Romance (as in movies) is love for a person. Nationalism is love for the country. For society it is the feeling of humanity. A prayer for the divine. And all the colors in between...

So may be I 'll just share what I feel and (don't) understand about it. First thing I have learnt is that feelings change. People change. Times change. Love stays... No matter what you do, it bloody stays! But where is the love I talk about? Is it in the different people I meet? Or is it in the different objects I covet? Is it in the past or will it come in the future? Is it only about “humanity“ and “God“ or something like that? I really don't know. I just feel... But where is it?

Love is in me, I like to think sometimes. Not that I am “the light and the joy the world awaits“ but... Or is it just another lie the world has told me to use me?

OK forget the esoteric part! Let's talk about pragmatic love for a few lines. What about love for people? Is it about possessing people or seeing them happy? What do people mean by true love? A hypothetical love free of passion, expectations, desire, possession...? If I say “if you love me, then I love you”, is it love, business or practicality? Is love even remotely possible? How many people would recognize love even when it stared them in the face?

My love is the freedom I seek. And someday I will be free (may be not!). And yes, my freedom is not about perfection, it is about love. So here I leave you with my love for the world, the creation, the Gods and, of course, you...

No comments: