Saturday, August 11, 2007

Rainy Day

It was a rainy day...
Alone and friendless
Wet, cold and aimless
On me I let it rain
It was a rainy day...

Feet moved till the edges of darkness
To the flame flickering bright
I sighed, perhaps with respite
To only realize it was lightning shining through the night...
Hissing clouds of smoke met the rain half way
Though they had nothing to say
As they disappeared etching a face I know,
I realized there was still a long way to go...
What alluded me was only my name,
My way, my destination, my game
Yet the shoes moved with a swooshing sound
And no more I bothered looking around...

I was five years old playing under the sun
A spring beneath my feet, breaking in a run
I followed that butterfly to the end of the lake...

As I laid on the grass watching the moon
Counting the stars, humming a looney tune
I was the wolf, the serpent, the bat, the owl,
I was the hoot, the screech, the hiss, the howl!

And I drifted...

The sun was rising again

The numb, cold flesh begged for some rays
And the mighty sun found its ways
To fill me with warmth again
To dry what I got wet in the rain
The sweet smelling earth laid still
And so did I on that hill
As I wondered what was in a face, what was in a name,
What was in a destination and what was in a game?

I got up and to east I moved away,
It was a rainy day..

No comments: